[Webtest] Re: Advice about Maven + Canoo Webtest

Siegfried Goeschl siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:05:02 +0200

Hi Paul,

see my comments below

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

WILLETTE, Paul-Emeric wrote:
> Fine, it was not so easy to find someone who could help ;)
>
> In fact my problem is very basic, but I could not find a precise answer by browsing the web...
>
> I currently have a running Maven2 project. I would be interested in adding the Canoo Webtest plugin. As I have made many tries, I will not detail everything and just ask simple questions...
>
> - on the Canoo website, one can find the latest releases (2.6 in fact). Is it possible to use this version as a Maven plugin? I have tried to download the 2.6 "Maven build", to manually copy it to my M2 repository and to refresh my Maven plugins list, but it appears that it is not considered as a plugin.

That's correct because that would build Canoo WebTest and not the plugin

> - on the Maven repository, one can find the maven-webtest-plugin-1.5. What is the difference? However, I successfully downloaded it, but when I declare it in my project through <plugin...>, and that I then run something like "mvn webtest:clean" the plugin is still not found. Do you think that this plugin is only compatible with Maven 1?

This is a M1 plugin and can't be used with M2

The get a M2 plugin

+) download from
http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/maven-plugins/webtest-maven-plugin-0.6.1.tar.gz
+) unpack the archive
+) run mvn:install to install the plugin locally
+) got to ./src/test/it1 and run mvn webtest:test webtest:report

Please note

+) the current incarnation uses an older Canoo Webtest version
+) I might upload a newer version next week