[Webtest] forcing a page change returns "about blank"

Janet Gregory Janet Gregory <janet_gregory@shaw.ca>
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:20:58 -0600

----606d229d3edfe5c1672d8

Our application is forcing the browser to navigate to a different page with the following
javascript, but we can't get webtest to recognize the new page.
document.location = "http://the_new_url"
When this executes the following output is given:
    INFO (
com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Content of window changed to about:blank (text/html)
    INFO (
com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Content of window changed without javascript, it will become current response
   INFO (
com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Current form set to none
    INFO (
com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Current response now: about:blank
printing out the response gives this:
    INFO (
com.canoo.webtest.extension.groovy.GroovyStep) - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
   <
html/>
Is there anyone who has had success with
webtest using this type of javascript?  Does webtest support this?
Thx,
Janet Gregory

----606d229d3edfe5c1672d8

<DIV><FONT face=Helv size=2>
<P>Our application is forcing the browser to navigate to a different page with the following </P>javascript, but we can't get webtest&nbsp;to recognize the new page.
<P></P>
<P>document.location = "http://the_new_url"</P>
<P>When this executes the following output is given:</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; INFO (</P>com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Content of window changed to about:blank (text/html)
<P></P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; INFO (</P>com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Content of window changed without javascript, it will become current response
<P></P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; INFO (</P>com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Current form set to none
<P></P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; INFO (</P>com.canoo.webtest.engine.WebClientContext) - Current response now: about:blank
<P></P>
<P>printing out the response gives this:</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; INFO (</P>com.canoo.webtest.extension.groovy.GroovyStep) - &lt;?xml&nbsp;version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?&gt;
<P></P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;</P>html/&gt;
<P></P>
<P>Is there anyone who has had success with </P>webtest&nbsp;using this type of javascript?&nbsp; Does webtest&nbsp;support this?
<P></P>
<P></P>Thx,
<P></P>
<P>Janet Gregory</P>