[Webtest] Still unable to test over HTTPS

David C. Hicks David C. Hicks" <dhicks@i-hicks.org
Wed, 06 Aug 2008 15:25:40 -0400

I've spent most of yesterday and today trying to identify the problem.
I finally figured out how to turn on debug logging and could see the
conversation taking place between the client and server.  It appears
that the server (Grails, in this case) doesn't understand SSLv2.  As
soon as the client issues the "SSLv2 client hello" message, the server
responds with "HTTP/", causing an SSLException - "Unrecognized SSL
message, plaintext connection?"

I'm using Grails 1.0.3 with the Sun JDK 1.6 and the Grails "webtest" plugin.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here?
Thanks,
Dave