[Webtest] Load/Stress Testing with WebTest

Lisa Crispin Lisa Crispin" <lisa.crispin@gmail.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:35:19 -0600

------=_Part_36135_5248202.1218472519754

I agree it would be nice to use WebTest for load testing. We haven't done a
lot of load testing yet, but we've been happy so far with JMeter. We use
BadBoy to capture the scripts for it. I'd sure like to be able to use fewer
tools if I could though.
-- Lisa

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 5:26 AM, Leif Singer <webtest@singer.sh> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use WebTest for functional testing and now need something for load
> testing. It would be great if I could continue to use WebTest for this -- is
> there a way to achieve this? Specifically, I would like to be able to
> execute the *same* test in multiple worker threads in parallel.
>
> Marc Guillemot hinted at a feature in this space almost a year ago, and all
> I can find on the web is WebTestParallelInit -- which executes tests in
> parallel, but only distinct test definitions. Maybe there is a way to create
> copies of existing tests via Ant to achieve load testing using
> WebTestParallelInit? Does somebody have any experiences with this?
>
> Other alternatives I'm looking at for load tests are JMeter and Selenium.
> If someone has an opinion on those, you're welcome as well.
>
> Thanks in advance
>  Leif

Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, Agile Testing
http://www.agiletester.ca
http://lisa.crispin.home.att.net
http://lisacrispin.blogspot.com

------=_Part_36135_5248202.1218472519754

Hello,<br>
I use WebTest for functional testing and now need something for load testing. It would be great if I could continue to use WebTest for this -- is there a way to achieve this? Specifically, I would like to be able to execute the *same* test in multiple worker threads in parallel.<br>

Marc Guillemot hinted at a feature in this space almost a year ago, and all I can find on the web is WebTestParallelInit -- which executes tests in parallel, but only distinct test definitions. Maybe there is a way to create copies of existing tests via Ant to achieve load testing using WebTestParallelInit? Does somebody have any experiences with this?<br>

Other alternatives I&#39;m looking at for load tests are JMeter and Selenium. If someone has an opinion on those, you&#39;re welcome as well.<br>
Thanks in advance<br>
 &nbsp;Leif<br>