[Webtest] Load/Stress Testing with WebTest

NEALE, John NEALE, John" <John.NEALE@suncorp.com.au
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:19:45 +1000

We have used webtest in conjunction with The Grinder 3 to perform load/stre=
ss tests, with a great deal of success. It wasn't all that pretty and it wa=
s fairly manual but it did the job.

The Grinder 3 is a load testing tool that natively supports jython. You can=
 then centrally control many clients running the python script.

Basically, I developed a python script to start Ant and run a specific test=
. I could then control how many times this was run, the ramp-up time, etc t=
hat you would normally do when load testing. There was a memory problem wit=
h this script which I never fixed and so we instead used the python script =
to run a .bat file instead (which just ran the ant script).

I've send an email to the list with the scripts attached but it is awaiting=
 moderator approval because it's too big.