[Webtest] Grails Plug-in

david.cate@wachovia.com david.cate@wachovia.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:45:30 -0400

--=_alternative 00461F72852574A9_=

Marc, thanks for taking time to answer:

Very possible my version is really old  - it's 0.4 though - didn't think
there would be that much difference. I tried upgrading the plugin to 0.5.1
and kept getting problems with xml not being included - very strange
stuff.
     [java] Caught: : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2
     [java]     at grails.util.WebTest.prepare(WebTest.groovy:67)
     [java]     at grails.util.WebTest.runTests(WebTest.groovy:30)
     [java]     at TestSuite.main(TestSuite.groovy:8)

i understand that it believes it's missing an xml jar reference - just not
sure if the jar(s) are present and just missing in some reference or if
the jar(s) are truly missing.

In the meantime, I've been able to fix the 2 issues by modifying the xml
inside the plugin:

1. For the embedded/external - i changed the plugin to make external
default

2. I added a maxmemory attribute to the Java task and set the memory
there. Not sure it was picking up the environment variable and don't
believe JVMARGs was getting into the forked process. I believe the JVMARGs
reaction is normal - but I'm concerned about the environment variable.

Marc Guillemot <mguillemot@yahoo.fr>
Sent by: webtest-admin@gate4.canoo.com
08/18/2008 03:11 AM
Please respond to
webtest@gate4.canoo.com

webtest@gate4.canoo.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Webtest] Grails Plug-in

Hi David,

is it possible that you use an old version of the Grails WebTest plugin
based on a very old version of WebTest?

Cheers,
Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com

david.cate@wachovia.com wrote:

> I'm currently using the WebTest plug-in for Grails and had 2 questions:
>
> 1. I've tried using the JAVA_OPTS to extend the heap size but still run
> out of memory - it doesn't appear to be using the setting I provided via
> -D. What is the proper way to increase the memory used by the plug-in?
> Does it use JAVA_OPTS or ANT_OPTS?
>
> 2. I've used Groovy to generate tests for the Grails project (basically
> modified CRUD app). The number of tests generated on the fly are around
> 300 with approximately 15 steps each. The results are stored in a single
> WebFile - is there  configuration setting that I'm missing that allows
> for the Summary and Detail reports to be on separate pages?

--=_alternative 00461F72852574A9_=

&nbsp;- it's 0.4 though - didn't think there would be that much difference.
I tried upgrading the plugin to 0.5.1 and kept getting problems with xml
not being included - very strange stuff. </font>
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2</font>
at grails.util.WebTest.prepare(WebTest.groovy:67)</font>
at grails.util.WebTest.runTests(WebTest.groovy:30)</font>
at TestSuite.main(TestSuite.groovy:8)</font>
an xml jar reference - just not sure if the jar(s) are present and just
missing in some reference or if the jar(s) are truly missing.</font>
the 2 issues by modifying the xml inside the plugin:</font>
the plugin to make external default</font>
the Java task and set the memory there. Not sure it was picking up the
environment variable and don't believe JVMARGs was getting into the forked
process. I believe the JVMARGs reaction is normal - but I'm concerned about
the environment variable.</font>
is it possible that you use an old version of the Grails WebTest plugin<br>
based on a very old version of WebTest?<br>
Cheers,<br>
Marc.<br>
-- <br>
Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com<br>
david.cate@wachovia.com wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I'm currently using the WebTest plug-in for Grails and had 2 questions:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 1. I've tried using the JAVA_OPTS to extend the heap size but still
run<br>
&gt; out of memory - it doesn't appear to be using the setting I provided
via<br>
&gt; -D. What is the proper way to increase the memory used by the plug-in?<br>
&gt; Does it use JAVA_OPTS or ANT_OPTS?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 2. I've used Groovy to generate tests for the Grails project (basically<br>
&gt; modified CRUD app). The number of tests generated on the fly are around<br>
&gt; 300 with approximately 15 steps each. The results are stored in a
single<br>
&gt; WebFile - is there &nbsp;configuration setting that I'm missing that
allows<br>
&gt; for the Summary and Detail reports to be on separate pages?<br>
&gt; <br>