[Webtest] Grails Plugin - HTTPS

David C. Hicks David C. Hicks" <dhicks@i-hicks.org
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:16:04 -0400

I posted something a week or two ago about not being able to get HTTPS
to work using the Grails WebTest plugin.  I know more today, only
because I was lucky enough to see the right thing go flying by in my
terminal window.

It turns out that, even though I've specified (i think) that the tests
should run under HTTPS, that the Grails server is being started in
regular HTTP mode.  I see now where the URL that is printed after start
up specifies the correct port (8443), but an incorrect protocol - HTTP.
So, it appears that the culprit is how the server is run.

I posted this question on the Grails list, too, but so far there are no
Does anyone know how I can really get the Grails plugin to launch
WebTest using the proper protocol?  I already have:

   webtest_protocol = https

in my webtest.properties file.

Thanks,
Dave