[Webtest] Grails Plug-in

david.cate@wachovia.com david.cate@wachovia.com
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:33:25 -0400

--=_alternative 0044FA4E852574AD_=

Hey Marc, thanks for the follow up - I have something that's working for
right now - I got pulled on a side project. The first thing I intend to do
is to just create a new grails project and scaffold a few items. Then I'll
install the upgraded plugin to see if there was a problem with my
classpath. Since we're using XML I may have an older version in one of our
SDL that was ahed of the plugin in the classpath. Should be able to get it
straightened out and soon as I get a chance to play with it some :)

Marc Guillemot <mguillemot@yahoo.fr>
Sent by: webtest-admin@gate4.canoo.com
08/22/2008 03:46 AM
Please respond to
webtest@gate4.canoo.com

webtest@gate4.canoo.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Webtest] Grails Plug-in

Hi David,

have you found a solution? It looks like a classpath issue but as I'm
not really involved in the WebTest Grails plugin, I can't say more.

Cheers,
Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com

david.cate@wachovia.com wrote:

> [...]
> strange stuff.
>      [java] Caught: : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2
>      [java]     at grails.util.WebTest.prepare(WebTest.groovy:67)
>      [java]     at grails.util.WebTest.runTests(WebTest.groovy:30)
>      [java]     at TestSuite.main(TestSuite.groovy:8)
>
> i understand that it believes it's missing an xml jar reference - just
> not sure if the jar(s) are present and just missing in some reference or
> if the jar(s) are truly missing.
>

> In the meantime, I've been able to fix the 2 issues by modifying the xml
> inside the plugin:
>
> 1. For the embedded/external - i changed the plugin to make external
> default
>
> 2. I added a maxmemory attribute to the Java task and set the memory
> there. Not sure it was picking up the environment variable and don't
> believe JVMARGs was getting into the forked process. I believe the
> JVMARGs reaction is normal - but I'm concerned about the environment
> variable.
>

> *Marc Guillemot <mguillemot@yahoo.fr>*
> Sent by: webtest-admin@gate4.canoo.com
>
> 08/18/2008 03:11 AM
> Please respond to
> webtest@gate4.canoo.com

>                webtest@gate4.canoo.com
> cc
>
> Subject
>                Re: [Webtest] Grails Plug-in
>

> Hi David,
>
> is it possible that you use an old version of the Grails WebTest plugin
> based on a very old version of WebTest?
>
> Cheers,
> Marc.
> --
> Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com
>

> david.cate@wachovia.com wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently using the WebTest plug-in for Grails and had 2 questions:
>>
>> 1. I've tried using the JAVA_OPTS to extend the heap size but still run
>> out of memory - it doesn't appear to be using the setting I provided
via
>> -D. What is the proper way to increase the memory used by the plug-in?
>> Does it use JAVA_OPTS or ANT_OPTS?
>>
>> 2. I've used Groovy to generate tests for the Grails project (basically
>> modified CRUD app). The number of tests generated on the fly are around
>> 300 with approximately 15 steps each. The results are stored in a
single
>> WebFile - is there  configuration setting that I'm missing that allows
>> for the Summary and Detail reports to be on separate pages?

--=_alternative 0044FA4E852574AD_=

I have something that's working for right now - I got pulled on a side
project. The first thing I intend to do is to just create a new grails
project and scaffold a few items. Then I'll install the upgraded plugin
to see if there was a problem with my classpath. Since we're using XML
I may have an older version in one of our SDL that was ahed of the plugin
in the classpath. Should be able to get it straightened out and soon as
I get a chance to play with it some :)</font>
have you found a solution? It looks like a classpath issue but as I'm<br>
not really involved in the WebTest Grails plugin, I can't say more.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Marc.<br>
-- <br>
Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com<br>
david.cate@wachovia.com wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Marc, thanks for taking time to answer:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Very possible my version is really old &nbsp;- it's 0.4 though - didn't
think<br>
&gt; there would be that much difference. I tried upgrading the plugin
to<br>
&gt; 0.5.1 and kept getting problems with xml not being included - very<br>
&gt; strange stuff.<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[java] Caught: : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:<br>
&gt; org/xml/sax/ext/Attributes2<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[java] &nbsp; &nbsp; at grails.util.WebTest.prepare(WebTest.groovy:67)<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[java] &nbsp; &nbsp; at grails.util.WebTest.runTests(WebTest.groovy:30)<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;[java] &nbsp; &nbsp; at TestSuite.main(TestSuite.groovy:8)<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; i understand that it believes it's missing an xml jar reference -
just<br>
&gt; not sure if the jar(s) are present and just missing in some reference
or<br>
&gt; if the jar(s) are truly missing.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; In the meantime, I've been able to fix the 2 issues by modifying the
xml<br>
&gt; inside the plugin:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 1. For the embedded/external - i changed the plugin to make external<br>
&gt; default<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 2. I added a maxmemory attribute to the Java task and set the memory<br>
&gt; there. Not sure it was picking up the environment variable and don't<br>
&gt; believe JVMARGs was getting into the forked process. I believe the<br>
&gt; JVMARGs reaction is normal - but I'm concerned about the environment<br>
&gt; variable.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; *Marc Guillemot &lt;mguillemot@yahoo.fr&gt;*<br>
&gt; Sent by: webtest-admin@gate4.canoo.com<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 08/18/2008 03:11 AM<br>
&gt; Please respond to<br>
&gt; webtest@gate4.canoo.com<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<br>
&gt; To<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;webtest@gate4.canoo.com<br>
&gt; cc<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<br>
&gt; Subject<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Re:
[Webtest] Grails Plug-in<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hi David,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; is it possible that you use an old version of the Grails WebTest plugin<br>
&gt; based on a very old version of WebTest?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt; Marc.<br>
&gt; -- <br>
&gt; Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; david.cate@wachovia.com wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; I'm currently using the WebTest plug-in for Grails and had 2 questions:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; 1. I've tried using the JAVA_OPTS to extend the heap size but
still run<br>
&gt;&gt; out of memory - it doesn't appear to be using the setting I provided
via<br>
&gt;&gt; -D. What is the proper way to increase the memory used by the
plug-in?<br>
&gt;&gt; Does it use JAVA_OPTS or ANT_OPTS?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; 2. I've used Groovy to generate tests for the Grails project (basically<br>
&gt;&gt; modified CRUD app). The number of tests generated on the fly are
around<br>
&gt;&gt; 300 with approximately 15 steps each. The results are stored in
a single<br>
&gt;&gt; WebFile - is there &nbsp;configuration setting that I'm missing
that allows<br>
&gt;&gt; for the Summary and Detail reports to be on separate pages?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; WebTest mailing list<br>
&gt; WebTest@lists.canoo.com<br>