[Webtest] Webtest, UDM Menu, Javascript and caching

Conor MacMahon Conor MacMahon" <Conor.MacMahon@qsa.qld.edu.au
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:55:47 +1000

Dear Webtest Mailing List,
				 I am using webtest R_1623 (i.e. yes,
know it's an old version, but it's working for us fine!) to perform
integration testing for our web applications.
				 I notice today that when I try to log
into my webapp, using IE, I can get an error, whereby I am redirected to
a udm javascript file. If I do a retry, I can login fine. This behaviour
does not happen if I use firefox on the same webapp?
                         However, when I do my typical run of webtest,
using maven-ant-cargo(tomcat), I get the same error when attempting to
log on? So, I have a few questions:

1) Can anyone guess why the different behaviour between the two
browsers? I've had a look at the options in both, and nothing is
shouting out to me as being different. If anyone can hint, I'm all ears.

2) Has anyone experienced this unusually behaviour with udm javascript
files in webtest? If so, what was your work-around to get it working?

So, if you use udm menus, and have had problems with using them with
webtest, and solved those problems, I'd like to hear how you may have
accomplished that.

Sorry, I realise my problem description is vague, but I'm trying to get
my own head around this problem.

Best,
Conor
This email (including any attached files) is for the intended
recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please,
as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily
reflect those of the Queensland Studies Authority. All reasonable
precautions have been taken to ensure that this email contained no
viruses at the time it was sent.