[Webtest] verifyText and verifyTitle don't report error

Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:20:56 +0200

Mark Van Peteghem wrote:
> I just started using CanooWebTest, with the version R_1716.
>
> When I tried to verify the presence of a certain piece of text with
> verifyText (no regex), I noticed that if the text is not present, the
> error is not reported. The same happens with verifyTitle. This even
> happens when I try to make the sample googleWebTest.xml fail, by
> replacing "Canoo WebTest" with "Canoo Zebra", which doesn't appear in
> the page.
>
> Did I misunderstand the purpose of verifyText and verifyTitle, or is
> this a bug?

I don't really understand how you get this. Modifying googleWebTest.xml
as you suggest, I correctly get (ignoring js errors as current js code
seems to cause some problems):

Message

Wrong document title found!
Current response

http://webtest.canoo.com/
Location

/home/marc/fmr/aefWebTestProject/tests/googleWebTest.xml (line: 17)
Details
expected value	Canoo Zebra
actual value	Canoo WebTest

Cheers,