[Webtest] testing JSON web services

Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:07:44 +0200

Hi,

I believe that WebTest can be very good to test webservices like SOAP or
 REST applications as it allow to specify the http method.

I don't have any experience with testing JSON web services but I imagine
that this could be done as well. Invocation wouldn't be a problem but
the response would probably be considered as just text and you will only
have currently "poor" testing facilities to work on it. It would
probably make sense to parse it to obtain a JS object tree on which the
tests could be done.

What kind of tests do you exactly want to make on the obtained responses?

Cheers,
Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com