[Webtest] Re: No page after clickElement

Søren Krum soren.krum@uninett.no
Tue, 09 Sep 2008 07:15:07 +0200

Hei!

i have some good experience with webtest so long, but now i run in some
difficulties. I use the following environment:

java 1.5
ant 1.7.1
webtest 1714 (tried although 1716)

On a page i have an element which is supposed to open a new page and in
that new page there should start an ica/citrix-application. As that is
normally triggered through the response of mime-type ica-application I
thought i could check after some text on the new "page", which is indeed
an ica-file (if everything in my app goes right, sure, but it does in a
browser)

so i did in the test as follows:
--------8<------------------
<clickElement description="Klikker på link for ABM KLIENT" htmlId="ABM"/>
<verifyText  description="the result should be an ica file with some
specific things inside"
    text="[WFClient]" />
--------8<------------------
But even if that works in my browser (i get an ICA file as response, and
the string is there), the verifyText fails. I tried to force webtest to
save the result with save="abm", but i do not find a result file. :-(

Is ist possible at all to check a not-xml/html/sgml file? Is there some
kind of mime-type checking? or am i on a totally wrong way?

Someone who has an idea where to start searching? I tried already
removing the brackets as i do not know if that confuses eventually a
regexp evaluation, but that did not help, the same with changing the
webtest release...

Best Regards

Søren Krum

--
Søren D. Krum
Systemutvikler/system developer

There are 10 different kind of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't