[Webtest] Interest in a tool to build a webtest framework

luke templin luke templin <ltemplin_2000@yahoo.com>
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:46:43 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1172323492-1221662803=:22749

For my current position I wrote a C# program to build basic tests for each page in an web application. The tests just verify that the page can be instantiated without error and that the links and images are valid.

The program is pointed to the source directory where the aspx pages reside. It then iterates through the files and sub directories and for every file with an aspx extension it builds a testFile.xml file and adds an entry to an allTests.xml file. The purpose was to build quickly a basic automated test framework for a legacy app with close to a 100 pages. It didn't seem productive to code each individually since at the start all the individual test files would be the same or similar.

Is there interest in this type of tool? If so I'll see about starting a opensource project and expand it to other web frameworks as well.

Luke Templin

--0-1172323492-1221662803=:22749

ad><body><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;=
font-size:12pt"><div>For my current position I wrote a C# program to build =
basic tests for each page in an web application. The tests just verify that=
 the page can be instantiated without error and that the links and images a=
directory where the aspx pages reside. It then iterates through the files a=
nd sub directories and for every file with an aspx extension it builds a te=
stFile.xml file and adds an entry to an allTests.xml file. The purpose was =
to build quickly a basic automated test framework for a legacy app with clo=
se to a 100 pages. It didn't seem productive to code each individually sinc=
e at the start all the individual test files would be the same or similar.<=
 I'll see about starting a opensource project and expand it to other web fr=
/body></html>
--0-1172323492-1221662803=:22749--