[Webtest] verifyText and verifyTitle don't report error

Mark Van Peteghem Mark Van Peteghem <Mark.Van.Peteghem@telenet.be>
Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:31:39 +0200

Mark Van Peteghem schreef:
> I just started using CanooWebTest, with the version R_1716.
>
> When I tried to verify the presence of a certain piece of text with
> verifyText (no regex), I noticed that if the text is not present, the
> error is not reported. The same happens with verifyTitle. This even
> happens when I try to make the sample googleWebTest.xml fail, by
> replacing "Canoo WebTest" with "Canoo Zebra", which doesn't appear in
> the page.
>
> Did I misunderstand the purpose of verifyText and verifyTitle, or is
> this a bug?

I solved the problem. It seems I was using a 64-bit JDK from IBM.
Switching to a JDK from Sun solved the problem.

I once installed the JDK from IBM trying to solve a problem with Eclipse
(which didn't help). Eclipse on Win XP 64 doesn't work well, but I'm
glad WebTest works fine now.

--
  Mark
  When you get lemons, you make lemonade.