[Webtest] examples of how to test emails?

Lisa Crispin Lisa Crispin <lisa.crispin@gmail.com>
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:22:15 -0600

--90e6ba6e84b67d673604a14996b1

For years I have been curious about the Canoo WebTest steps for testing
emails, and now I would like to see if that might be a good way for us to
automate tests for emails. We've been using FitNesse fixtures to test them
and that seems to have a lot of limitations.

I looked at the manual and Googled for more information on how to test
emails with WebTest, but what I don't know is how you get ahold of the email
in order to test it in WebTest?

Does anyone have any examples?

Thanks,
Lisa

--
Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers

--90e6ba6e84b67d673604a14996b1

For years I have been curious about the Canoo WebTest steps for testing ema=
ils, and now I would like to see if that might be a good way for us to auto=
mate tests for emails. We&#39;ve been using FitNesse fixtures to test them =
and that seems to have a lot of limitations.<br>
emails with WebTest, but what I don&#39;t know is how you get ahold of the =
email in order to test it in WebTest? <br><br>Does anyone have any examples=
?<br>
ith Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile =
Teams_ (Addison-Wesley 2009)<br>Contributor to _Beautiful Testing_ (O&#39;R=
eilly 2009)<br>
in on Twitter<br><br>

--90e6ba6e84b67d673604a14996b1--