[Webtest] 401 error

Tim Pezarro Tim Pezarro" <Tim_Pezarro@pmc-sierra.com
Mon, 16 May 2011 07:52:21 -0700

Macis,

I don't understand why your test is failing.

Here are two suggestions for getting more information:

1) Add a "storeHeader" command to the failing step.

2) Install wireshark on the computer which is running webtest. Add the =
filter "http && ip.addr =3D=3D xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where " xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" =
is the ip address for your test system. Wireshark will show you all the =
http requests and responses between your system running the test and the =
application under test.

My first guess is that for some reason you are not passing the player =
account information that you expect. You want to be 100% certain that =
you are sending the correct credentials to the application and wireshark =
will help you see that.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

Tim Pezarro