[Webtest] Using POST with invoke

Eric Bunton Eric Bunton <buntone@bibliolabs.com>
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:56:27 -0400

Got it. I was missing the content type of what was being posted and that =
caused it to fail.
Thanks
Eric
On Jul 12, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Tim Pezarro wrote:

> Eric,
>=20
> The post method typically needs a field in the body.
>=20
> I forget what it is called.
>=20
> When I get a chance I will send you an example of a working post I am =
using.
>=20
> One way to find the correct value is to use wireshark to sniff the =
value of the post. This is very useful if you do not have direct control =
over the website you are testing.
>=20
> If you search the canoo mailing list for my name and wireshark ( or =
google search) you should find an example I provided for someone else.
>=20
> Cheers,
> Tim Pezarro
> Manager, Web Services
> tim_pezarro@pmc-sierra.com
> Phone: +1-604-415-6044
> Cell: +1-604-762-1000
> Fax: +1-604-415-6602
> PMC-Sierra, Inc.
> 8555 Baxter Place
> Burnaby, BC, Canada
> V5A 4V7
>=20
url=3D"http://${ip}:8080/xpress/rest/LibraryCard/register/DEMO/AUTOMATEDTE=
ST"
>        	description=3D"DEMO Register Test for ${ip}" =
method=3D"POST"/>
>=20
> but the invoke fails. This causes all subsequent tests to fail. Is =
there something I am doing wrong on this and is it even possible to do a =
post in the invoke?