[Webtest] Upgrading from R_1809 to R_1812

Lisa Crispin Lisa Crispin <lisa.crispin@gmail.com>
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:33:42 -0600


--000e0cd5712cc42be004ae931ffe
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

We're currently running R_1809. We're having some troubles related to dojos,
and thought maybe the latest release might help, so I installed it. It did
help the problem we were having. However, when I tested our regression
suites, we had a lot of failures. All our groovy steps fail, and I saw in
the check-in notes that a new version of groovy is in there now, so that
must be why. And it looked like some stuff related to PDFs was also
upgraded, which may explain some of our verifyPdfText failures. But some
problems are regular expressions in storeRegEx failing, and setRadioButton
failing to set the radio button (though it shows in the results as if the
step passed). I see there is also a new version of HtmlUnit (and we want the
latest version of that, but maybe it is causing some of these backwards
compatibility issues?)

Did anyone else go from 1809 to 1812, and did you have a lot of backwards
compatibility issues?

I had to back out the new version, and will have to try again during our
next engineering sprint when we have time to fix all the issues. I'm just
curious if we are unique and alone on this. In the past 7+ years, we've
rarely had issues like this when installing a new WebTest version.

thanks
Lisa

-- 
Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers
and Agile Teams_ (Addison-Wesley 2009)
Contributor to _Beautiful Testing_ (O'Reilly 2009)
http://lisacrispin.com
@lisacrispin on Twitter
http://entaggle.com/lisacrispin

--000e0cd5712cc42be004ae931ffe
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

We&#39;re currently running R_1809. We&#39;re having some troubles related =
to dojos, and thought maybe the latest release might help, so I installed i=
t. It did help the problem we were having. However, when I tested our regre=
ssion suites, we had a lot of failures. All our groovy steps fail, and I sa=
w in the check-in notes that a new version of groovy is in there now, so th=
at must be why. And it looked like some stuff related to PDFs was also upgr=
aded, which may explain some of our verifyPdfText failures. But some proble=
ms are regular expressions in storeRegEx failing, and setRadioButton failin=
g to set the radio button (though it shows in the results as if the step pa=
ssed). I see there is also a new version of HtmlUnit (and we want the lates=
t version of that, but maybe it is causing some of these backwards compatib=
ility issues?)<br>
<br>Did anyone else go from 1809 to 1812, and did you have a lot of backwar=
ds compatibility issues?<br><br>I had to back out the new version, and will=
 have to try again during our next engineering sprint when we have time to =
fix all the issues. I&#39;m just curious if we are unique and alone on this=
. In the past 7+ years, we&#39;ve rarely had issues like this when installi=
ng a new WebTest version.<br>
<br>thanks<br>Lisa<br clear=3D"all"><br>-- <br>Lisa Crispin<br>Co-author wi=
th Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile T=
eams_ (Addison-Wesley 2009)<br>Contributor to _Beautiful Testing_ (O&#39;Re=
illy 2009)<br>
<a href=3D"http://lisacrispin.com" target=3D"_blank">http://lisacrispin.com=
</a><br>@lisacrispin on Twitter<br><a href=3D"http://entaggle.com/lisacrisp=
in" target=3D"_blank">http://entaggle.com/lisacrispin</a><br><br>

--000e0cd5712cc42be004ae931ffe--