[Webtest] Jira issue?

Lisa Crispin Lisa Crispin <lisa.crispin@gmail.com>
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:50:19 -0600

--000e0cd4b0ee7d561304b06209f8

I want to look at the change log and 'roadmap' for the last few releases to
try to figure out why some things which work fine in build 1809 don't work
in 1812. But when I look at the change log or road map, I get a traceback,
and when I click on release notes, I get this:
An existing index lock was found.

 An index lock file was found unexpectedly. This occurs either because JIRA
was not cleanly shutdown or because there is another instance of this JIRA
installation currently running. Please ensure that no other instance of this
JIRA installation is running and then remove the following lock file(s) and
restart JIRA:

/opt/tomcat5/temp/lucene-60cac5fafc15700b76bd81e33bd3365d-commit.lock

Once restarted you will need to reindex your data to ensure that indexes are
up to date.

*Do not delete the lock file(s) if there is another JIRA running with the
same index directory*, instead cleanly shutdown the other instance.

What's going on?

There doesn't seem to be so much activity on this list anymore. Has use of
WebTest faded away?
thanks
Lisa

--
Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers

--000e0cd4b0ee7d561304b06209f8

I want to look at the change log and &#39;roadmap&#39; for the last few rel=
eases to try to figure out why some things which work fine in build 1809 do=
n&#39;t work in 1812. But when I look at the change log or road map, I get =
a traceback, and when I click on release notes, I get this:<br>
An existing index lock was found.<p>
                                       =20
                                       =20
                                                An index lock file was=20
found unexpectedly. This occurs either because JIRA was not cleanly=20
shutdown
                                                or because there is=20
another instance of this JIRA installation currently running. Please=20
ensure that no
                                                other instance of this=20
JIRA installation is running and then remove the following lock file(s)=20
and restart JIRA:
                                                /opt/tomcat5/temp/lucene-60=
cac5fafc15700b76bd81e33bd3365d-commit.lock

                                                Once restarted you will=20
need to reindex your data to ensure that indexes are up to date.
                                                <strong>Do not delete the l=
ock file(s) if there is another JIRA running with the same index directory<=
/strong>,
                                                instead cleanly shutdown th=
n&#39;t seem to be so much activity on this list anymore. Has use of WebTes=
t faded away?<br>
anet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams=
_ (Addison-Wesley 2009)<br>Contributor to _Beautiful Testing_ (O&#39;Reilly=
 2009)<br>

--000e0cd4b0ee7d561304b06209f8--