[Webtest] Jira issue?

Dierk König Dierk König
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:36:41 +0100

--Apple-Mail-83-314701171

Hi Lisa,

we're currently looking into the indexing issue.

The mailinglist is much less busy than it was in the past and it has =
grown from a developers help system into a community's mutual help =
forum.
The download numbers of Canoo WebTest are stable.
The demand for corporate support is increasing.

I leave to everybody's interpretation what this tells about the project =
;-)

cheers
Dierk=20

Am 28.10.2011 um 22:50 schrieb Lisa Crispin:

> I want to look at the change log and 'roadmap' for the last few =
releases to try to figure out why some things which work fine in build =
1809 don't work in 1812. But when I look at the change log or road map, =
I get a traceback, and when I click on release notes, I get this:
> An existing index lock was found.
>=20
> An index lock file was found unexpectedly. This occurs either because =
JIRA was not cleanly shutdown or because there is another instance of =
this JIRA installation currently running. Please ensure that no other =
instance of this JIRA installation is running and then remove the =
following lock file(s) and restart JIRA:=20
>=20
> /opt/tomcat5/temp/lucene-60cac5fafc15700b76bd81e33bd3365d-commit.lock=20=

>=20
> Once restarted you will need to reindex your data to ensure that =
indexes are up to date.
>=20
> Do not delete the lock file(s) if there is another JIRA running with =
the same index directory, instead cleanly shutdown the other instance.=20=

>=20
>=20
>=20
> What's going on?
>=20
> There doesn't seem to be so much activity on this list anymore. Has =
use of WebTest faded away?
> thanks
> Lisa
>=20
> --=20
> Lisa Crispin
> Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for =
Testers and Agile Teams_ (Addison-Wesley 2009)
> Contributor to _Beautiful Testing_ (O'Reilly 2009)
> http://lisacrispin.com
> @lisacrispin on Twitter
> http://entaggle.com/lisacrispin
>=20

--Apple-Mail-83-314701171

-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Hi =
it was in the past and it has grown from a developers help system into a =
community's mutual help forum.</div><div>The download numbers of Canoo =
WebTest are stable.</div><div>The demand for corporate support is =
interpretation what this tells about the project =
iv><div>Am 28.10.2011 um 22:50 schrieb Lisa Crispin:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite">I want to =
look at the change log and 'roadmap' for the last few releases to try to =
figure out why some things which work fine in build 1809 don't work in =
1812. But when I look at the change log or road map, I get a traceback, =
and when I click on release notes, I get this:<br>
An existing index lock was found.<div>
                                       =20
                                       =20
class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder"></div><p>
                                                An index lock file was=20=

found unexpectedly. This occurs either because JIRA was not cleanly=20
shutdown
                                                or because there is=20
another instance of this JIRA installation currently running. Please=20
ensure that no
                                                other instance of this=20=

JIRA installation is running and then remove the following lock file(s)=20=

and restart JIRA:
                                                =
/opt/tomcat5/temp/lucene-60cac5fafc15700b76bd81e33bd3365d-commit.lock

                                                Once restarted you will=20=

need to reindex your data to ensure that indexes are up to date.
                                                <strong>Do not delete =
the lock file(s) if there is another JIRA running with the same index =
directory</strong>,
                                                instead cleanly shutdown =
doesn't seem to be so much activity on this list anymore. Has use of =
WebTest faded away?<br>
with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and =
Agile Teams_ (Addison-Wesley 2009)<br>Contributor to _Beautiful Testing_ =
(O'Reilly 2009)<br>
target=3D"_blank">http://lisacrispin.com</a><br>@lisacrispin on =
Twitter<br><a href=3D"http://entaggle.com/lisacrispin" =

--Apple-Mail-83-314701171--