[Webtest] WebTest Test Run Order

Lisa Crispin Lisa Crispin <lisa.crispin@gmail.com>
Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:10:02 -0700

--20cf303ddac2ac750d04b3712ed4

I don't know anything about the Grails plugin. We run our Canoo suites
using ant targets in our build.xml. Our build.xml imports webtest.xml. The
targets use wt.full in webtest.xml. In order to run our suites with Jenkins
jobs, we have to modify webtest.xml to add a property to make wt.headless
true, and to skip the junit-like reports. We set up our suites to run the
tests in a specified order. We do have some tests that have to run in a
particular order (I know that's bad, but we have data limitations too).
-- Lisa

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Wieland, Erica <Erica_Wieland@sra.com>wrote:

> I asked this question a few weeks ago:
>
> We've noticed that, when running our Canoo tests using the Grails
> plugin, that the individual tests seem to run in sort of alphabetical
> order with a test file, but not entirely. We need our tests to run in a
> consistent order, and I'm puzzled as to what the order actually is, and
> how to force the order of tests.
>
> The answer I got back was:
>        have a look at the TestSuite class and the suite() method.
>
>        You can control the sequence yourself by implementing the suite
> method.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to crack the code to get the TestSuite class
> and the suite() method to work. Any addl. advice would be appreciated.
>
> Erica Wieland
> SRA International, Inc.

Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers
and Agile Teams_ (Addison-Wesley 2009)
Contributor to _Beautiful Testing_ (O'Reilly 2009)
http://lisacrispin.com
@lisacrispin on Twitter
http://entaggle.com/lisacrispin

--20cf303ddac2ac750d04b3712ed4

I don&#39;t know anything about the Grails plugin. We run our Canoo suites =
using ant targets in our build.xml. Our build.xml imports webtest.xml. The =
targets use wt.full in webtest.xml. In order to run our suites with Jenkins=
 jobs, we have to modify webtest.xml to add a property to make wt.headless =
true, and to skip the junit-like reports. We set up our suites to run the t=
ests in a specified order. We do have some tests that have to run in a part=
icular order (I know that&#39;s bad, but we have data limitations too).<br>
Wieland, Erica <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Erica_Wieland@sra.co=
l_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left=
:1ex;">
I asked this question a few weeks ago:<br>
We&#39;ve noticed that, when running our Canoo tests using the Grails<br>
plugin, that the individual tests seem to run in sort of alphabetical<br>
order with a test file, but not entirely. We need our tests to run in a<br>
consistent order, and I&#39;m puzzled as to what the order actually is, and=
how to force the order of tests.<br>
The answer I got back was:<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0have a look at the TestSuite class and the suite() method.<=
br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0You can control the sequence yourself by implementing the s=
uite<br>
method.<br>
Unfortunately, I can&#39;t seem to crack the code to get the TestSuite clas=
s<br>
and the suite() method to work. Any addl. advice would be appreciated.<br>
Erica Wieland<br>
SRA International, Inc.<br>