[Webtest] initiating new webtest project

Murat Murat <murat.knecht@googlemail.com>
Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:16:24 +0100

Hi Michael,

yes, there seem to be less questions regarding Groovy-based tests.

Not sure I can help you with =84big=93. But we do have both kinds of
webtests on the same project interoperating. The xml-tests test the
web-part, the groovy tests (just a few) do gui-testing on the
swing-part of the application.

What do you mean by transfering knowledge? We use the web-concerned
Ant-macros in the groovy tests. But why would you bother? You start
anew, right?

Concerning pitfalls: Not entirely sure what works out-of -the-box.
Since we needed to have setup and teardown code (for abbot tests), we
wrote our own Groovy runner for the Groovy tests, which basically
copies the behavior of the ant-runner. But for normal web tests, you
should be fine. :)

Regards
Murat