[Webtest] Building WebTest for first time, hitting few issues

Alexander Jeyaraj Alexander Jeyaraj <ajeyaraj@gmail.com>
Sat, 4 Feb 2012 15:52:55 -0800

--f46d04428c08d1378704b82c209b

Hi All,

I am trying to build the webtest from source. I checked-out the latest
snapshot, and created a eclipse project. I am seeing following issues.

1. HtmlReportGenerator.java class is missing and this makes the WebtestTask
to fail to compile. When I look under src folder there is only
HtmlReportGenerator.groovy file and there is no .java file.
2. I commented out the line referring to HtmlReportGenerator, and able to
compile (Not sure of collateral, just wanted to proceed :-)).
3. When I ran the command "webtest.sh clean develop", the VerifyLinkTests
took a long time. I had to comment out all the lines in the VerifyLinkTests
to make the test pass. I am able to reach all the websites from the Shell
that I am running this command. Any idea why it takes so long?
4. I commented out all the lines in VerifyLinkTests, and it started
complaining one jar after other in Maven. Is it possible to get all the
jars inside the project itself, so that I do not depend on Maven?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Alex.

--f46d04428c08d1378704b82c209b

Hi All,<br><br>I am trying to build the webtest from source. I checked-out =
the latest snapshot, and created a eclipse project. I am seeing following i=
ssues.<br><br>1. HtmlReportGenerator.java class is missing and this makes t=
he WebtestTask to fail to compile. When I look under src folder there is on=
ly HtmlReportGenerator.groovy file and there is no .java file.<br>
2. I commented out the line referring to HtmlReportGenerator, and able to c=
ompile (Not sure of collateral, just wanted to proceed :-)).<br>3. When I r=
an the command &quot;webtest.sh clean develop&quot;, the VerifyLinkTests to=
ok a long time. I had to comment out all the lines in the VerifyLinkTests t=
o make the test pass. I am able to reach all the websites from the Shell th=
at I am running this command. Any idea why it takes so long?<br>
4. I commented out all the lines in VerifyLinkTests, and it started complai=
ning one jar after other in Maven. Is it possible to get all the jars insid=
e the project itself, so that I do not depend on Maven?<br><br>Really appre=
ciate your help. <br>

--f46d04428c08d1378704b82c209b--