[Webtest] Having issues submitting drop down fields

naz a naz a <nazj81@gmail.com>
Thu, 23 Feb 2012 05:22:24 -0800

--f46d04478987e5430604b9a188fd

I am trying to automate a form, but certain drop down fields in the form
only are click-able once lets say drop down field1 has been filled out,
then drop down field2 is available.
I can't trigger drop down field2 from being recognized because when I look
at the automation results file,
drop down field1 has been reset and it looks like its when I submit the
entire form. A page refresh occurs and I am losing data, so drop down
field1 is not being saved.

I have tried to rearrange the test to enter drop down fields first that
trigger the page refresh,
and all the form fields after - so the drop down fields I need to trigger
field2 are saved, but drop down field2 is not click-able and my form errors
out saying "please enter all the required fields".
So I need to know how to get drop down field2 to be click-able after a page
refresh.
I have tried the following and not of it triggers drop down field2:

<forceInputFieldAttribute description="Enable field2" htmlId="2a"
attributeName="disabled" attributeValue=""/>

<setSelectField description="Enable field2" htmlId="2a" text="Other"/>

<forceInputFieldAttribute description="Enable field2" htmlId="2a"
attributeName="disabled" attributeValue=""/>

<setSelectField description="Enable field2" htmlId="2a" text="Other"/>

<clickElement xpath="//option[@value='Other']"/>

Please send suggestions.

Thank You in advance.
Naz

--f46d04478987e5430604b9a188fd

Hi,<br><br>I am trying to automate a form, but certain drop down fields in =
the form only are click-able once lets say drop down field1 has been filled=
 out, then drop down field2 is available.<br>I can&#39;t trigger drop down =
field2 from being recognized because when I look at the automation results =
file,<br>
drop down field1 has been reset and it looks like its when I submit the ent=
ire form. A page refresh occurs and I am losing data, so drop down field1 i=
s not being saved.<br><br>I have tried to rearrange the test to enter drop =
down fields first that trigger the page refresh,<br>
and all the form fields after - so the drop down fields I need to trigger f=
ield2 are saved, but drop down field2 is not click-able and my form errors =
out saying &quot;please enter all the required fields&quot;.<br>So I need t=
o know how to get drop down field2 to be click-able after a page refresh.<b=
r>
I have tried the following and not of it triggers drop down field2:<br><br>=
mlId=3D&quot;2a&quot; attributeName=3D&quot;disabled&quot; attributeValue=
=3D&quot;&quot;/&gt;<br>
ot;2a&quot; text=3D&quot;Other&quot;/&gt;<br><br>&lt;forceInputFieldAttribu=
te description=3D&quot;Enable field2&quot; htmlId=3D&quot;2a&quot; attribut=
eName=3D&quot;disabled&quot; attributeValue=3D&quot;&quot;/&gt;<br>
ot;2a&quot; text=3D&quot;Other&quot;/&gt; <br><br>&lt;clickElement xpath=3D=
&quot;//option[@value=3D&#39;Other&#39;]&quot;/&gt;<br><br>Please send sugg=
estions.<br>

--f46d04478987e5430604b9a188fd--