[Webtest] Having issues submitting drop down fields

Josep García Josep García
Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:26:03 +0100

--f46d04463168852c7204b9a26c40

Can you send your webtest steps?

2012/2/23 naz a <nazj81@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to automate a form, but certain drop down fields in the form
> only are click-able once lets say drop down field1 has been filled out,
> then drop down field2 is available.
> I can't trigger drop down field2 from being recognized because when I look
> at the automation results file,
> drop down field1 has been reset and it looks like its when I submit the
> entire form. A page refresh occurs and I am losing data, so drop down
> field1 is not being saved.
>
> I have tried to rearrange the test to enter drop down fields first that
> trigger the page refresh,
> and all the form fields after - so the drop down fields I need to trigger
> field2 are saved, but drop down field2 is not click-able and my form errors
> out saying "please enter all the required fields".
> So I need to know how to get drop down field2 to be click-able after a
> page refresh.
> I have tried the following and not of it triggers drop down field2:
>

> <forceInputFieldAttribute description="Enable field2" htmlId="2a"
> attributeName="disabled" attributeValue=""/>
>
> <setSelectField description="Enable field2" htmlId="2a" text="Other"/>
>
> <forceInputFieldAttribute description="Enable field2" htmlId="2a"
> attributeName="disabled" attributeValue=""/>
>
> <setSelectField description="Enable field2" htmlId="2a" text="Other"/>
>
> <clickElement xpath="//option[@value='Other']"/>
>
> Please send suggestions.
>
> Thank You in advance.
> Naz

--f46d04463168852c7204b9a26c40

/2/23 naz a <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nazj81@gmail.com">nazj8=
rgin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hi,<br><br>I am trying to automate a form, but certain drop down fields in =
the form only are click-able once lets say drop down field1 has been filled=
 out, then drop down field2 is available.<br>I can&#39;t trigger drop down =
field2 from being recognized because when I look at the automation results =
file,<br>

drop down field1 has been reset and it looks like its when I submit the ent=
ire form. A page refresh occurs and I am losing data, so drop down field1 i=
s not being saved.<br><br>I have tried to rearrange the test to enter drop =
down fields first that trigger the page refresh,<br>

and all the form fields after - so the drop down fields I need to trigger f=
ield2 are saved, but drop down field2 is not click-able and my form errors =
out saying &quot;please enter all the required fields&quot;.<br>So I need t=
o know how to get drop down field2 to be click-able after a page refresh.<b=
r>

I have tried the following and not of it triggers drop down field2:<br><br>=
mlId=3D&quot;2a&quot; attributeName=3D&quot;disabled&quot; attributeValue=
=3D&quot;&quot;/&gt;<br>

ot;2a&quot; text=3D&quot;Other&quot;/&gt;<br><br>&lt;forceInputFieldAttribu=
te description=3D&quot;Enable field2&quot; htmlId=3D&quot;2a&quot; attribut=
eName=3D&quot;disabled&quot; attributeValue=3D&quot;&quot;/&gt;<br>

ot;2a&quot; text=3D&quot;Other&quot;/&gt; <br><br>&lt;clickElement xpath=3D=
&quot;//option[@value=3D&#39;Other&#39;]&quot;/&gt;<br><br>Please send sugg=
estions.<br>