AW: [Webtest] Host and port in config

Habbert, Michael (Key-Work) Habbert, Michael (Key-Work)" <michael.habbert@key-work.de
Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:44:55 +0000

Hi anonymous,

first of all I do not understand why:

    http://our.demo.server/login

is a differnce to

    http://our.demo.server:80/login

I would expect that port 80 is the default for http and so every webserver =
will serve the same page.

And second we do have a testsuite that tests different runtime-systems (pro=
d, demo, staging).
We do have a login.xml include that is used in each webtest to do the authe=
ntication fort he application.

This login.xml contains following line:

        <invoke url=3D"https://${testing.server.name}/${login.page}/" />

But actually there should be a "standard way" of doing this with webtest in=
ternal configuration-mechanisms.

Never the less the default port shouldn't be a problem for your application=
.

With kind regards

Michael Habbert

Michael Habbert
Key-Work Consulting GmbH | Kriegsstr. 100 | 76133 Karlsruhe | Germany | www=
.key-work.de
Fon: +49-721-78203-269 | E-Mail: michael.habbert@key-work.de | Fax: +49-721=
-78203-10

Key-Work Consulting GmbH Karlsruhe, HRB 108695, HRG Mannheim
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Andreas Stappert, Tobin Wotring
-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----