[Webtest] Calling custom Java Code from Groovy

Ulrich Mayring Ulrich Mayring <ulim@denic.de>
Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:28:11 +0100

Hi all,

if I have a groovy step in my webtest, is it at all possible to use my own
Java classes from there? Basically, can I get my own classes into Groovy's
classpath?

The plan I have is the following:

I have a webservice, which I want to test using Canoo Webtest. To that end I
need to send it some XML, which I could of course hard code in my webtest.
However, in production the clients will all use a custom Java client as an
entry point. This Java client then generates the XML internally and sends it
to the webservice.

So in the webtest I want to dynamically generate the XML using the Java
client and then send it myself. That way I would have the benefit of Canoo
Webtest's useful HTML reports.

Many thanks in advance,

Ulrich