[Webtest] some questions about features

Michael Habbert Michael Habbert <michael@kelikami.de>
Sun, 14 Jun 2015 22:13:32 +0200

Hi Achim,

> I'm a software tester from Germany. At the moment, I evaluate some
> test tools/test management tools for using it in our projects.
> Would you help me with some questions please? I couldn't find the
> answers on the website or the mailing list:
>
> 1. Does the tool support - automatic/manual load tests and stress
> tests?
There is a basic support for paralel testing

> - automatic/manual usability tests? - automatic/manual penetration
> tests? - robustness tests?

no!

> 2. What features for test management are included?
>
> 3. Is there any feature for creating lessons learned documents
> after I finished a test cycle?
>
> 4. Can I use Webtest for mobile testing?

yes you can - as long as you do not use to much JavaScript in you
application.

> 5. Can Webtest maintain test scripts automatically after a change
> in the requirements/the test object?

How do you define the chage?

> 6. Is there an integratet requirements management and integrated
> bug tracking system?
>
> 7. Is there real time reporting or even video recording during the
> test runs (for understanding errors better)?

The test-reports are one of the best I've ever seen. I miss them these
days.

> 8. Can I use user defined fields (for example to make a reference
> from a test case in web test to a requirement in an external
> requirements management system?

We do use testinfo for this:
http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/testInfo.html

> 9. Is there any feature to administrate my tests risk-based,
> term-based or priority-based?
>
> 10. Is there any feature to tarameterize my test scripts?

yes you can ;-)

> 11. Is there any restriction for the coding language the test
> object?
>
> 12. Can I integrate tools of the following kinds with webtest?
> Which tools can I integrate in each case? - IDEs? - Bug tracking
> systems? - requirements management systems? - continuous
> integration systems? - test frameworks?

We did build your canoo test-suite in the ant-style.
For the initial start we used the firefox-plugin and then elaborated
the script-base.

The regular executor was our ci-system aka jenkins.

cheers

Michael Habbert